Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How To Say Thank You, Or A Great Win, Win, Win.

So, we have a new puppy. Her name is Stella, mainly so when she is lost we can go down the street yelling ,"Stellllaaaaa, Steeeeellllllaaaaa." Now only 1 1/2 weeks into it, and still not potty trained completely, we need to have our niece take her for the weekend. Yikes, that's a great niece.



How to say thank you. Hmmm.

In an unrelated story, I stop at Rainbow Foods in MN and am buying a little steak for my dinner when the butcher tells me it's the last day of their Snow Crab sale - one bunch for $3.99. I get that instead. While he's wrapping it up, he throws in a smaller extra bunch and then asks me if I'd like some broken ones. I say sure and picks up a huge heap of assorted legs and craws and throws them in. Wow, what am I going to do with all this crab?

Well, what I'm going to do is heat the grill to 400 degrees and put the legs on for 2 minutes a side, melt some butter, cook up some rice and invite my niece and her roommates over for a thank you dinner. (add some chicken, that original steak, slice up some tomatoes drizzled in Sesame Ginger dressing and some clams.)



Here's the score, Rainbow Foods wins because they get to get rid of some crab that they would've had to throw and makes a great impression on me, I win because I get a great way to thank my niece and her roommates, and my niece and friends win because the crab was really, really good.

Win, win, win.



Cook well, it's worth it.
Rob Barrett
www.cookingfordads.net

1 comment:

  1. WOW, my mouth is watering just looking at these pictures. Snow crabs, steak and chicken are an unbeatable combo, I love them all.

    ReplyDelete