Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cooking for Dads 2 Year Anniversary

2 years ago today I posted my very first Cooking for Dads episode. 

I had this little idea for a video recipe for visual learners but never thought it would go any where. Finally I called my friend Jonathan, he came over and we shot 2 episodes, thisone and the red pepper pasta. I edited this together, and let Jan see it. When it ended she turned around, gave me a high 5, and said go ahead and post it, let's see what happens.

It funny to watch it now. I made so many mistakes I turned it into a game. I even said cream is our friend. It isn't. I had only made this recipe one time before and at the end I wasn't even sure it tasted good, you can see it on my face.

Who would have thought this would go all the way to the Today Show, USA Today, a Barbara Walters' Special, and many TV cooking appearances.  What a ride.

Thanks for all the support and help over these past 2 years and 82 episodes. It means a lot to me.

Here's that fateful first episode.   Cheesy Chicken, Peas and Potatoes.
Cook well, it's worth it. Rob



1 comment: