Rob's Better than Deep Fried Healthy Wings, Teriyaki style
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Start with fresh wings, don't used frozen.
3. Cut in to separate parts if necessary.
4. In a large plastic bag, add 1 cup of flour, 1/2 spoonful of baking powder, 1 spoonful salt and a little pepper. Shake bag to combine.
5. Add wings and shake to coat.
6. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay out wings making sure they don't touch.
7. Lightly brush wings with olive, vegetable, or peanut oil just on top side.
8. Place in oven for 20 minutes then remove and flip over the wings.
10. Cook for another 20 minutes or until wings are firm to the touch.
11. Place in one layer on paper towels for 2-3 minutes to absorb excess oil.
12. Place in large bowl and add teriyaki sauce or favorite sauce. stir to coat.
To make Teriyaki sauce add 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 sugar (or equal parts of a larger or smaller amount) and 1 spoonful fresh ginger chopped. Place in small pan and bring to boil for 30 secs. stirring to dissolve sugar. reduce heat to low and let simmer for 4 minutes. turn off heat. Sauce will thicken naturally.
© 2010 Cooking for Dads